Kentucky Lake -- last races of the year

Running late posting like usual -- a couple of weeks ago the guys went to Paducah for the Battle of Mods. First night rain out, second night I think third and last night started pretty far back in the field and moved up to fourth in only 25 laps.

Kentucky Lake is an awesome track and facility. WOW if you can ever make it down there you really should. We have some nice tracks in Central Illinois, it's hard for me to say, but the facilities around here don't compary to Paducah, Pevely or Kentucky Lake. The slightly bigger tracks are my favorites. The trek to Boswell, another great track is nothing when you have to drive 4.5 - 5.5 hours to get to the tracks.

Rokae, Wendy, Sam and I made the 5 hour plus trek for Sat nights racing. What an adventure, poor Sam is a drivers ed instructor -- lol, so she may have closed her eyes a few times with me driving :) Near Matoon/Charleston, IL went over some patched pavement and my car started beeping at us. I turned it off. We were making really good time and should be at the track early -- that's amazing for me, to get there early.

Any way, pulled off the ramp, into the frontage road to Steak & Shake. Passed the entry way into the S & S, turned around in the hotel and I noticed the car felt funny. We got out of the car at S & S, I went to the other side and the darn right rear tire was flat! Crap!!!! No way was I going to change the tire, I haven't had to deal with a flat tire in YEARS. So we saw a gas station, drove the block to the station. As I was pulling up to the air pump, there was $$$ blowing on the ground next the curb. I jumped out the car yelling MONEY. They all thought I was nuts. Grabbed the money, it ended up being only $9. Hey, it could have been all hundreds for all I knew. Sam got out of the car too. I aired up the tire, WOOOSH -- the air came back out.

DARN IT!!! We saw a Walmart down the road, so Sam ran to the main road to figure out the best route. We drove my poor car to Walmart. Of course it was going to take at least an hour to fix it. So much for being early.

We went and ate while waiting for the car. Eventually hit the road again. Pulled off the second exit near Marion, had to use the bathroom, get tea, etc. Once back in the car we headed to the interstate, the darn ramp to get back on the interstate was closed. GEEEEEZE, we can't catch a break. Sam asked some young guy at a stop light how to get to the interstate. He told us, go left, than right and left again. OK -- that didn't help. Pulled up to another guy walking, who gave us good instructions. Eventually we backpeddled to the first Marion exit. Now we really starting to run behind.

Hit the gas and made it to the track at the end of qualifing.